Mangoes apparently have enough natural pectin in them that you don’t need to add any to make your own mango jam. This recipe makes about 4-5 jars of jam.
- Chop up about 3 kilos of ripe mango (~15 medium mangos)
- Add 3/4 to 1 cup of palm sugar paste (or whatever sugar you want)
- Cook on medium heat for about 30 minutes until thickens
Posted by Steve & Amie | Phnom Penh, Cambodia
1. To make a thicker “mango butter”, after cooking we strained out any extra juice then added a bit of: ground cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves & ginger (see photo).
2. We also made a batch with fresh passion fruit squeezed in after cooking.
3. Since we don’t have canning equipment, we tried freezing some in plastic containers. Will let you know if it’s still good in a few weeks or months : )
Posted by Daphne & Ryan | Prey Veng, Cambodia
What mango jam variations have you tried? Comment below!